Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fitness update

I am 22 days into my Pretty Fierce Lean Out program! Yesterday my schedule had me retake my measurements and fit test. Even though I was only 1/3 of the way through the program it was the moment of truth. I won't be taking my measurements and fit test again until I am finished the program. I think it was a good time to check on progress and get a little extra motivation to continue working hard! I know I haven't blogged since my first "operation lose the baby weight" post (and I promise I'll get better with the blogging! Eventually ;) but I want to record these now so I don't forget to later. Here we goooo! 

Measurements Day 21 (Day 0)
Shoulders: 39" (37")
Dominant arm: 10.5" (10.25")
Chest: 36.5" (37.75")
1" above navel: 28" (29.5")
1" below navel: 32" (34.75")
Hips: 33.5" (35")
Dominant thigh: 22.5" (22.5" ugh!!)
1" above dominant knee: 15.25" (15")
Weight: 126-127lbs (128-129lbs)

Fit Test Day 21 (Day 0)
Push-ups: 48 (30)
Squat jacks: 68 (40)
V-ups: 42 (24)
Switch kicks: 60 R&L (45 R&L)

I'm very proud of my progress so far!! I've lost 7 inches total around my body! (Although I'm not really sure I should count the 1.25" from my chest since that fluctuates a lot due to milk). I am most excited that I've lost 2.75" from my lower stomach!! Obviously, that's the most troublesome area postpartum. I'm so glad to see my momma pooch shrinking, haha! I'm most disappointed to see that I haven't lost even a fraction of an inch from my thighs :[. That's definitely the spot I lose fat from last. Unfortunately. But I am certainly working hard to lose it!! And luckily my legs are pretty strong so that is mostly muscle. But still. I want to trim down my thighs a bit. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I don't have much actual weight to lose to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 124. But I did lose 2ish pounds in these past three weeks! I say "2ish" because it really depends on when I weigh myself, since weight fluctuates so much depending on time of the day, hydration, etc. I would like to get down to my goal weight of 117 but right now I'm just aiming at getting back to my pre-preggo weight. I'm pretty confident that will happen in the last six weeks of this program. Even though I haven't lost much weight so far my fit test results definitely show that I have improved my strength and endurance! I'm happy with my increases in every exercise of the fit test. I've really been busting my butt with this endurance section! The first week was rough- I had to do a total body endurance routine three times and I hated it. The routine made it blatantly obvious that I was not in the best shape ;] haha. I liked weeks two and three much better. Those weeks had me doing "endurance splits"- upper body endurance (twice a week), lower body endurance (twice a week), core endurance (three times a week), aerobic capacity, anaerobic capacity and yoga. I was on a 6 days on 1 day off rotation. I liked these workouts because they challenged me in a new way. I'm not used to doing the endurance thing with weight training- lifting maximum weight, doing all the reps, and going as fast as possible without compromising form. It was a little frustrating at times but I stuck with it! Anaerobic capacity was definitely the most difficult for me. It's 36 minutes of HIIT, which doesn't sound bad but man, is it killer! Granted, I go into beast mode and seriously push as hard as I can during the intervals. But, in my book, there's no other way to do it. I actually got my heart rate up to 204 on my anaerobic capacity workout on week 2! I felt like I was going to die. Technically my max hr should be 196, buuut I proved that I can go beyond that and still finish my workout. That might be dangerous, though, haha. 

Overall, I'm enjoying this program so far and I'm happy with the results I'm starting to see! I feel more fit and energized. I sleep better (that is when Camden allows me to, aha). I'm motivated to eat healthy all the time. It's just an all-around win. I'm excited to take this next week to rest and recover before hitting it hard again with strength portion! Can't wait to see what these next six weeks will bring! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment