Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Another fitness update


I completed my Pretty Fierce Lean Out program!! I have to say, I feel pretty good! I'm not where I want to be yet but I've come a longgg way in these past 9 weeks! I've pushed my limits, worked my muscles hard, and not given up. I worked out 6 days a week most weeks and only missed ONE workout. (And the only reason I missed it is because I was out of town and I remembered the DVD but not a laptop or anything to play it on. Fail. But it was just my 13 minute yoga routine so I don't think I missed out on much there.) Overall, I'm really happy that I made it all the way through this program. It was definitely tough for me. The workouts really made me work hard and test my boundaries. Some days I hated it, other days I loved it. I didn't lose as much weight as I hoped to, but I certainly lost inches and improved my overall fitness! On day 1 I struggled through my Full Body Endurance workout, modifying moves and taking mini rests because I was exhausted. Last week when I did the same workout again for the first time since week 1, I was able to do every move without any rests. I powered through it! I felt like such a beast! So even though the scale doesn't show it, my body has really changed from this program! And I feel good about that. Here are my final results: 

Measurements Day 60 (Day 21, 0)
Shoulders: 39" (39", 37")
Dominant arm: 10.5" (10.5", 10.25")
Chest: 36" (36.5", 37.75")
1" above navel: 27" (28", 29.5")
1" below navel: 30.5" (32", 34.75")
Hips: 32" (33.5", 35")
Dominant thigh: 21.25" (22.5", 22.5")
1" above dominant knee: 15.5" (15.25", 15")
Weight: 125-126lbs (126-127lbs, 128-129lbs)

Fit Test Day 60 (Day 21, 0)
Push-ups: 58 (48, 30)
Squat jacks: 77 (68, 40)
V-ups: 50 (42, 24 all modified)
Switch kicks: 64 R&L (60, 45 R&L)

V02 Run Day 60 (Day 0)
1.5 mile run time: 14:22 (16:11)
VO2 Max calculated: 37.1194 (33.3762)

Throughout the course of this program I have lost 12.75 inches total around my body! I lost 7" in the first three weeks (hellooooooo!) and 5.75" in the final six weeks. That is serious business!! I'm not as toned as I want to be but that is a fabulous start and I'm clearly headed in the right direction! I fully believe that I'm on my way to being in even better shape than I was pre-pregnancy! I'm proud of my body. It's far from perfect but it's quite amazing. And I don't mean that in a "hey look at me, my body looks amazing!" kind of way. I mean it in a "my body has done some amazing things and I'm proud of what it can do!" way. I'm not a supermodel. I'm not a fitspo star. But I am a happy mom who is trying to take the best care of her body and set a healthy example for my son. 

So what's next for me?! I've toyed around with the idea of doing P90X again or even giving P90X2 a try. But I don't think I could fit those long workouts into my busy mom-life quite yet. Instead I think I'm going to do this program through a second time. I don't expect results as huge as with this first round but I think I'll see more improvements. I love that these workouts are designed for moms. I think that's awesome and super effective! I'd like to try something new but I really want to see how far this program can take me first. Another 9 weeks of PFLO and then I'll find something new to do. Here's to hoping I can reach more goals with this round! I may or may not post an updated progress picture on here. I can't decide if I want to... We'll see! In the meantime, I'm going to take it easy this week then hit the ground running with round two on Sunday! Wish me luck! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment