Sunday, January 20, 2013

33 Weeks


How far along? 33 weeks!
How big is baby estimated to be? Somewhere around the size of a honeydew melon! He should be like 4-5 pounds and 19ish inches long! Those are just estimates, though, and I have a feeling Camden is going to be on the smaller side... I'm curious to find out how much he weighs at my next ultrasound! I know they aren't always accurate but I'm assuming it'll be more accurate than generic estimates.
Total weight gain: Up 17lbs! I weighed in at 141 at my appointment on Thursday. My weight gain is on the lower side but slow and steady is supposed to be the healthiest way to put it on.
Wearing maternity clothes? Mostly regular clothes this week, to be honest. A few of my shirts don't quite fit anymore, including my favorite workout shirt, but a lot of them still do fit so I'm making those work. I wear maternity jeans more often than regular jeans but I've been wearing lots of sweats/leggings this week. I also found my hubby's Puma pants in his closet this week so I've been rocking those :D they're so big and comfy on me. And I just like wearing his clothes while he's gone. 
Symptoms this week: Nothing worth complaining about! I had a few Braxton Hicks but they didn't hurt. I can feel my energy level slowly starting to diminish. I'm not exhausted yet but I can definitely sleep longer at night. I've been nesting but since I don't have my own house and CJ doesn't have his own room here there isn't much I can do... so that's kind of annoying. But I'm feeling good! :] My muscles are sore but that's from working out a lot this week. And I like it, haha. 
Food cravings: French toast! I had to have that a few days ago. That's about it. I feel like my appetite has been ridiculous the past couple weeks! I eat nonstopppp. But I make healthy choices so luckily it isn't leading to copious weight gain. And I get full fast so I eat small portions. 
Food aversions: Nothing I can think of... But every time my little brother cooks turkey bacon (which is like twice a day) the smell makes me nauseous. Weird. 
Any movement from baby? Bunches!! I love my little wiggle bug!! The doctor told me this week that he's head down so that explains all the rib kicks I've been getting lately, haha. He still moves a lot it just feels different than it did weeks ago. It's definitely stronger now that he's bigger. I caught his little foot the other day! He was kicking and kicking in the same spot so I pinched the bulge and could feel his little foot :D It was sooo cute! He let me hold it for a second then he wiggled it away. Gosh, I can't wait to see those precious tiny baby feet!!
Gender: Beautiful baby boy!
Emotions and experiences this week: It was a pretty good week. Nothing really exciting. I had a prenatal appointment on Thursday and it went really well! My OB was on vacation so I saw a different doctor (my gynecologist, actually). She answered a few questions for me, which was nice. She also thought my weight gain was a little low and told me to go eat ice cream and french fries, lol. It made me laugh. She was like "You've only gained 17 pounds! I don't care what you're eating, just eat more of it! Or go eat some ice cream! Real ice cream. And you could stand to eat some french fries, too. You need to gain some weight." Hahaha! I prefer to put weight on the healthy way so I think I'll ignore that advice. I'll just add more healthy foods to my diet. I'm thinking more healthy fats will be good- peanut butter, nuts, avocado, full fat Greek yogurt... I'll tell you what, it's hard to gain weight the healthy way! I asked the doctor about my due date, too. Since it was changed once (from the 2nd to the 10th) and I'm still really small, I was wondering if my date of the 10th is still accurate. She said it should be but agreed that I have been measuring small all along so she had me schedule an ultrasound! I'm really excited about that!! My OB told me that I should have one more ultrasound but I hadn't scheduled it yet so it was nice to get the orders to schedule it (I can't schedule one without a doctor's written orders to do so). I'll get another sneak peak at Camden on the 30th! :D I can't wait to see him again! My last ultrasound was on October 16th so it's been awhile... I can't wait to see how much he's grown! And it's CRAZY to think that this ultrasound will (or should) be the last time I see CJ before he's born! Woah!! I can't even wrap my head around that yet! I'm super anxious to meet babyboy but to be honest, I'm really hoping I'm due later or have him late. I know, I know, everyone says I'll be singing a different tune when my due date is closer... but I really want to have him later. The way I look at it, the later he's born, the younger he'll be when he meets his Daddy! I don't want Jake to miss out on a whole month of Camden's life so I'll be perfectly happy having him late. I'm so excited to have CJ here and Jacob back home. I say it all the time but I just know it is going to be amazing. I get emotional just thinking about seeing Jake holding Camden. I can't imagine how truly incredible it will be to have them both here with me! My heart will overflow with love and joy! That's about it for all the exciting stuff... Oh besides the Bruins being back!!! I was thrilled to finally watch some hockey!! I missed it so much. It's about time we have the B's back! CJ seemed to enjoy the game a bit to and was wiggling quite a bit! Maybe he could sense my excitement, haha. Other than all that, I'm still trying to figure out insurance/pediatrician stuff. Still reading a lot. Still working on my birth plan. Talking to doulas/labor coaches to help me through the birth. A lot going on! It's a little overwhelming to think about all that needs to get accomplished in the next 7 weeks but at the same time it's very exciting! 
Looking forward to: My ultrasound on the 30th! I'm very excited to see little man! I also have a prenatal appointment before the ultrasound so that should be good too. Other than that, I'm looking forward to my baby shower in a few weeks! It'll be a lot of fun to celebrate Camden's upcoming arrival with family and friends. And as always, I'm looking forward to watching the days tick by as we get closer and closer to Camden's arrival and Jacob's homecoming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment