Tuesday, January 29, 2013

34 Weeks


How far along? 34 weeks & 2 days!
How big is baby estimated to be? He should be about the size of a butternut squash or a large cantaloupe! From what I've read, he should be done growing lengthwise and just be putting on fat now. It's so cool to think that little man might be as long now as he'll be at birth! It's hard to believe we're getting so close to meeting him! :D
Total weight gain: I think I'm still around 17lbs gained... I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow so I guess we'll find out the doctor's official count then :] I doubt I've gained much but I feel like I eat nonstop! I'll tell you what, gaining weight the healthy way is difficult!
Wearing maternity clothes? Yep! Still mixing in my regular clothes but I'm finally starting to fill out more of my maternity shirts so I've been wearing those lately, too. I'm also utilizing Jacob's wardrobe more and more these days ;] Not only are his clothes super comfy they also remind me of him and that makes me smile. 
Symptoms this week: Had some random dizzy spells this week. They didn't make me pass out or anything but they did take me a little off guard. Working out is getting a little more difficult, too, since I get winded easier and I'm losing my range of motion as my bump grows. Oh and I'm still having a little insomnia. I'm not uncomfortable or anything, I just have a hard time falling asleep. But that's really it... I'm still feel great! I really can't complain. Being pregnant is amazing!
Food cravings: I can't get enough yogurt! I'm a big fan of yogurt in general, especially Greek, but lately it's a daily addiction. Especially with fresh strawberries and a little low-fat granola! YUM. I usually only eat fat-free but lately I've been eating regular from time to time. I figure I can use the extra calories and healthy fats. I've also been eating a lot of homemade oatmeal with peaches for breakfast- very yummy! I can't think of anything other than that... I have a huge appetite lately! There isn't much I don't like, haha. 
Food aversions: None! I like food.
Any movement from baby? Oh yes! He's still a very active baby! I feel him wiggle all the time. He makes my stomach bulge in funny ways and I love watching it! I have to admit, though, I'm a little sad to not be getting those sweet little kicks like when he was smaller. I still feel him kick- mostly in my ribs- but it isn't like it was before. It feels more like he's trying to stretch out rather than kick. But I do like that I feel him move so often these days! With him being head down I have a pretty good idea of which body parts are causing my tummy bulges so that's neat. I like to try to pinch his little limbs when he pushes out, haha. It's easiest to catch his little feet since those are ALWAYS up by my ribs on the right side. His movements are getting stronger everyday. A couple days ago, CJ was moving all over the place and actually kept me awake from 2:30-3:30am! He seemed to be having a really good time attacking my bladder, haha. I couldn't fall back asleep! Luckily I love feeling him move so I couldn't be upset over the lack of sleep. He still gets the hiccups all the time. And it still makes me chuckle. I'm really going to miss feeling CJ's movements after he's born! 
Gender: Little man! :D
Emotions and experiences this week: Another relatively uneventful week... Still doing a lot of stuff to get ready for baby... Almost done my birth plan, started reading a new book, found a doula! I am very excited to have a doula for my l&d! I think she will be really helpful and supportive! I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with everything that still needs to be done before CJ arrives but I'm handling it one thing at a time. It's just a bit daunting to think about how soon Camden will be here and how different life will be! I'm still super excited! It's just becoming more of a reality. And I miss my husband something fierce. All of that paired with my overabundance of hormones has made me a little bit of a hot mess lately. Or at least that's how I feel. For example: I was working out the other day and five minutes into my routine I just started bawling my eyes out. I'm talking complete water works and snot galore. Yeah, it wasn't a pretty sight! Luckily no one was around so I grabbed a tissue and kept working out, aha. But for real, hot mess status over here. I try to remind myself that I'm not going crazy and this is normal (I guess) but I do feel crazy. It's rough. I wish I could just snuggle with my hubby and have him tell me that everything will be okay. That always makes me feel better. But that isn't an option so I need to find the strength to push through it all alone. I'll just keep taking it one day at a time. Overall it was a good week. My mom and I have been getting a lot done for my baby shower! That's fun. I've been enjoying having the Bruins back! It's always fun to kick back and watch a good hockey game! And the B's have been on fire so far this season so that's a huge plus! I hope they can keep it up! Other than thaaaat, we had a family party this week, which was fun. It was nice to see my relatives, especially since I hadn't seen a lot of them in awhile! Hmm, what else... that's all I can think of for the highlights. Another week down!
Looking forward to: My ultrasound TOMORROW! I'm very excited to see little man! I also have a prenatal appointment before the ultrasound so that should be good too. Other than that, I'm looking forward to my baby shower in a few weeks! It'll be a lot of fun to celebrate Camden's upcoming arrival with family and friends. And as always, I'm looking forward to watching the days tick by as we get closer and closer to Camden's arrival and Jacob's homecoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment