Monday, May 6, 2013

A few of our favorite things for baby

A few of our favorite things - baby



Camden is coming up on TWO months old so I thought now would be a great time to share a few of our favorite things! Although this list could go on and on (and on and on and on if cute little baby clothes were included!), I picked a few items we use most often. Every baby is different but these things are favorites for our little CamJammers :] 

1. Aden + Anais muslin swaddling blankets. These things are AWESOME. They're a little pricy for blankets but I promise you they are worth every cent. If you're like me and you worry about baby overheating at night (hello, increased risk of SIDS!), these are perfect for swaddling because they're still breathable. Plus, they're huuuuge which also makes them great for throwing over the carseat while grocery shopping in order to deter nosy people from poking at Camden. Seriously though strangers, keep your germy hands out of my baby's face, thank you very much. 

2. Wipe warmer. Everyone says "wipe warmers are a waste of money" but we love ours. When Camden was just a new little baby in the hospital he would scuuuhreeeam every time we changed his diaper. Specifically, he would scream when a cold wipe touched his buncakes. Jake and I went to Target when he was just a few days old and purchased this warmer. Now, little man no longer screams during diaper changes and that makes for two happy parents. 

3. Vaseline. Per the recommendation of a pediatrician, we put Vaseline (or generic petroleum jelly) on Camden's bottom every time we change his diaper. Yeah, it sounds like an annoyance but guess what? He has yet to get diaper rash! Not even a tiny bit. Now that's something to celebrate! And this stuff is so cheap it's more cost effective than having to use Destin or Bourdeaux's Butt Paste all the time (both of which we do have in our diaper bags and do use when we're out of the house). 

4. Gumdrop pacifier wipes. I have alllllways been grossed out when I see a parent pick a binkie up off the floor, stick it in their mouth and then give it back to their baby. Ack!! If I don't want those disgusting germs in my baby's mouth why would I want them in my own?! I know it's preferable for me to absorb the germs instead of Camden but ideally it would be nice for neither of us to eat those germs. Right? So I use these pacifier wipes religiously. And yes, even when Camden is screaming I still take the time to clean his binkie if it gets dropped. But he doesn't suck on his binkie often enough for this to be a problem. 

5. Lambs & Ivy mobile. Camden rooms with us and therefore doesn't have his own crib yet but I mounted this on the wall above his changing pad. Best. Decision. Ever. Camden absolutely loves it!! On nights when he is super fussy we lay him on his changing pad and he looks up at this and basically calms down instantly. It's a lifesaver. I don't know what it is about the thing but he sure does love it! I'm excited to see how it looks in his own room with the matching crib set (someday)! 

6. Snugabunny swing. This has been one of Camden's most favorite items since his second day home! I love that it is multi-directional so we can control which way it swings. He loves the music features because it helps lull him to sleep. We keep it upstairs in the living room and put him in it while we make meals, workout, and whatever else we need to do in that same general area. And it's super cute.

7. Red Sox binkies. In true Boston sports fan fashion, this was the only binkie Camden would take for the longest time. That is until we found the exact same binkies with a Bruins logo on them. He loves these.

8. Graco Pack 'n Play. Like I said, Camden shares a room with us and doesn't have a crib in here. So he sleeps in the newborn sleeper attachment of his pack 'n play. We like that it fits conveniently at the foot of our bed and the bottom of it provides a little extra room for storage (which we're very short on) for blankets, stuffed animals, and other little baby items. Obviously this thing is also perfect for travel, which we put to good use on our vacation last week. I would have to rank this as a must-have item for new parents. Even if your baby will have his/her own room, you'll probably want something like this for baby to co-room in the beginning. It's great. 

Well that's it! Like I said, every baby is different so every parent's list of favorite things varies accordingly. I just figured I'd throw this out there for any moms-to-be who might be looking for some registry inspiration. Coming up next- A few of our favorite things for momma! Stay tuned! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment