Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 in pictures

As I sit here sipping a cup of coffee while Jacob rocks Camden for a nap I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness for everything that 2013 brought us. I know I haven't even blogged about Christmas day yet, or shared my plethora of Camden-attempting-to-open-gifts-while-chewing-on-wrapping-paper pictures (or even downloaded them from my camera to my computer yet, oops). However, I want to take a few minutes to write a post recapping 2013. I want to seize this reminiscent, oh so happy, quiet moment to share from my heart.

To say that 2013 was the best year of my life would not be an overstatement. Although I've had so many wonderful experiences leading up to last year (college, engagement, my wedding, even our positive pregnancy test and gender reveal), I can wholeheartedly say that 2013 was the most incredible year. Sure, it was very challenging and life-altering. More than anything, it was miraculous, joyful, indescribably full of love. I think this can only truly be understood by other mommas. There is just something about becoming a mother. Something so deeply... special. It's hard to explain. If you're a mom, you know what I'm talking about. Falling in love with your own little one is an experience that is so incredibly beautiful. It's exhausting, difficult, sometimes tearful. Yet, it is a powerful life change. It is... motherhood. This new phase in my life that I have joyfully anticipated since I was a little girl is even better than I imagined. It has changed me. I'm not just Alayna anymore; I'm Camden's momma. And I am extremely thankful for this new role and how it has changed my life! With that being said, I want to share a few of my favorite pictures from this year. A little photo recap, if you will.

(I'm going to start with February since nothing all that exciting happened in January. Camden continued to grow in my belly while I anxiously counted down to his due date!)

February
I received the most miraculous answer to my prayers in February. Jacob was released early from his deployment and came home to be on February 28th. He wasn't scheduled to come home until sometime late-March, which would have meant him missing Camden's birth and the first few weeks of his life. I continuously prayed that God would work a miracle and allow Jake to come home before Camden was born. So many people told me it was impossible and wouldn't happen. But, at the risk of sounding cheesy, all things are possible with God! He granted us the desire of our hearts and sent Jacob home 17 days before Camden was born! 



March 
I went into labor on Friday, March 15th (the day I felt all along would be the day I had Camden! And my parent's 28th anniversary) and had Camden at 1:18am on Saturday, March 16th. My birthing experience was amazing. Having Jacob there gave me so much peace and strength. He was an incredible birthing partner through it all. I also had the support of my parents who spent their entire anniversary in the hospital with me, and my wonderful, smart, supportive and sweet doula, Stefanie. I was able to have the natural birth that I so intensely desired. And above it all, Camden was born perfectly healthy! I can't say enough what an amazing experience his natural birth was for me. 
We also celebrated our first holiday as a family in March- Easter! We enjoyed Sunday morning service at my Dad's church, had a quiet afternoon, and took a walk with my Mom. It was a great day.



April
We continued to adjust to life as a family of three in April while watching Camden grow by leaps and bounds! We soaked up every minute of baby snuggles and saw Camden's newborn face disappear right before our eyes.


May
I celebrated my first Mother's Day with my little guy! I was showered with love and some special gifts and completely enjoyed every minute of it! We also took Camden down to our alma mater, Valley Forge Christian College, for the first time! We visited with friends and took him to graduation, where he attracted plenty of attention and compliments! ;]






June
We kicked off a busy summer in June! We took a trip to New York for a wedding and stopped at the Baseball Hall of Fame on our way home. We celebrated Jacob's first Father's Day! I didn't get many pictures of him and Camden together that day (fail!) but we had a lot of funny spoiling Jake and making him feel special. Then, just a couple weeks later, we celebrated Jacob's 26th birthday and spoiled him some more! We also spent lots of time outside soaking up the warmer weather. It was a very fun, eventful month! 




July
We had another fun-filled month in July, including celebrating Independence Day (with Camden in the cutest overall EVER!), and taking Camden to the beach and the aquarium for the first time! We had lots of little adventures as a family and discovered Camden's love for being outdoors!





August
We took a few more trips to the beach in August. Camden loved the sound of the waves and the wet squishy sand. We also went apple picking with him for the first time! Mostly, August was full of days outside splashing in his baby pool, swinging on the front porch, and going for lots of walks! Another great month!





September 
We went on a few fall adventures and introduced Camden to the pumpkin patch! We also celebrated his half birthday by watching the Bruins and giving him baby oat cereal for the first time (he hated it, haha). September was a pretty low-key month. Lots more family time and chilly fall night snuggles!



October
We took Camden on his second trip to VFCC in October to attend Homecoming! He did awful with the car ride but he was great with all the Homecoming events. We had a lot of fun showing him off to faculty and friends. October was also marked by a few late nights watching the Red Sox and finally seeing them win the World Series! Camden wasn't all that interested but at lest we can tell him they won it all the year he was born ;] We also started to see Camden's personality begin to emerge much more this month. From his various sounds to his funny faces, Camden became a total ham!





November
We kicked off November with a belated Halloween party where Camden totally rocked his Batman baby costume ;] He had tons of fun showing off and being friendly. Then, of course, we had a wonderful time celebrating Camden's first Thanksgiving!!




December
Our December was full of Christmas cheer and festive fun! We had a great time buying gifts for family and friends, picking out a Christmas tree, decorating, baking tons of cookies, and having plenty of special family time. It was idyllic. Camden loved watching the blinking lights of the Christmas tree. He was adorable trying to open gifts and taste-testing all the wrapping paper. We had a perfect Christmas as a family! New Years was uneventful, seeing as Camden went to sleep well before midnight and we missed the ball drop, haha. But overall our December was excellent!


It's so hard to pick just a few favorite pictures from each month! There were SO MANY picture-perfect moments this year. Watching Camden grow and develop has been amazing. It's bittersweet to see how big he is now compared to his newborn pictures. I still can't believe that he'll be one in a couple months! Time is flying by. I'm incredibly thankful that 2013 brought us such indescribable joy and love! Camden is the biggest blessing I have ever received! I'm excited for all that 2014 has in store for us, including a super fun first birthday party for my little guy! Happy New Year, friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment