Tuesday, November 20, 2012

24 Weeks

I love this view looking down at my bump!!
 How far along? 24 weeks & 2 days! 
How big is baby estimated to be? The size of an ear of corn! Or a cantaloupe. Either way, baby boy is getting big! :D
Total weight gain: I haven't gained any since last week, so still around 10-11lbs up. I weighed in at 133/134 the past two mornings so I guess my weight is just holding steady at that 9-11lbs gained mark.
Wearing maternity clothes? Just pants and leggings. I was basically a bum all last week and wore sweats or leggings everyday. I didn't have anywhere to go, really, so why not? I'm especially loving Jacob's big plush robe lately! Mine still fits and everything... his is just warmer and bigger. I think it's going to be my number one around the house accessory this winter, haha.
Symptoms this week: Uhh, nothing I can think of, honestly! I feel fabulous!! I think working out consistently, eating healthy and drinking tons of water is really doing my body good! I feel strong and healthy! I mean obviously there are some minor discomforts here and there- little tweaks when Camden hits a nerve, minor indigestion from time-to-time, peeing a lot, waking up at 4am everyday- but it's nothing bad enough to complain about. The good definitely outweighs the bad!
Food cravings: None this week... Although I am getting very excited for turkey and all the fixins! :D
Food aversions: None.
Any movement from baby? Tons and tons!! I feel like CJ is becoming more active everyday! And I love it! I still feel like he's more active when I workout. Sometimes he's all wiggly while I'm working out, which is kind of funny. Then after I workout it's like he wants to get his workout in, haha. Since I tend to workout in the evenings, I get to fall asleep feeling him move around. It's comforting, in a way :] And I'm trying to soak it all up now because I know that I'll miss feeling him move around in my tummy once he's born! I was finally able to capture a couple videos of Camden kicking to send Jacob!! It took a very very long time and lots of begging little man to kick, haha. It's a little hard to see in the videos but I was excited to send them to Jake! And I think he was excited to see them :D But it was bittersweet at the same time. We both wish he could be here to experience all of this with me... but we're trying to stay positive and I'm trying to share as much with him as I can.
Gender: Beautiful baby boy <3
Emotions and experiences this week: This week was very relaxing and enjoyable for me! I had so much fun going away to New Hampshire with my mom for the weekend! I met some really nice ladies and got quite a few pages completed in my wedding scrapbook. It was so laid back. I was able to just enjoy the whole weekend taking it easy. My energy level has been pretty high, which I appreciate, haha. I've been able to workout more and do some things around the house. I'm feeling really good. And despite my circumstances (with Jake being deployed for the holidays), I feel so incredible blessed and thankful this year! Lately I've been thinking about all the things I have to be thankful for and it's really humbling. Most of all, I am VERY thankful for Jacob. He is the most amazing man I have ever met in my life and I am SO blessed that he is my husband! He has been working so hard on this deployment and he doesn't complain about it. He's an incredible provider and I just can't thank him enough for that. Also, I'm thankful for the incredible blessing of Camden that wouldn't be possible without Jacob! I'm so excited to be a little family together once Jake comes home! It's going to be so amazing. And I am thankful for my family and friends who have rallied behind me and offered their support, prayers and encouragement over the past couple months since Jacob left. It's true that you really find out who your true friends are when times get tough. I'm thankful for all of the support I've received from the people closest to me.  
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving on Thursdayyyy!! And then Black Friday shopping on Friday!! Then decorating for Christmas!! I wish I had my own place to decorate but I'm still very excited to thoroughly decorate my parent's house! Gahh, I love Christmas!! I'm also looking forward to sending more Christmas boxes to Jacob! I sent his first two this week and I had SO MUCH FUN putting them together! I'm going to spend all day on Sunday baking tons of goodies for Jake and the guys he works with! I have one box set to go, minus the cookies :D The second box will just be stuffed with other treats and some special things for Jacob. Gosh, these boxes are the only thing that makes deployments tolerable! Other than all of that fun... I'm looking forward to setting up Camden's little nook in mine & Jacob's room. Since he won't have his own room in my parent's house he'll be co-rooming with us... I think it'll be perfect, though. I got a little closet set that my dad is going to help me put up. Then I can spend some time organizing all of CJ's clothes. I won't wash them until it's closer to his due date but I want to sort them all out to see what we have. I also have some fun ideas for decorating his little area a bit, which will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment