Monday, October 22, 2012

20 Weeks

How far along? 20 weeks & 1 day! 
How big is baby estimated to be? The size of a large banana! Getting pretty long. And he should be around 10-11oz now!
Total weight gain: I have gained approximately 6 pounds. This morning the scale said 130 on the nose... but I'm probably closer to 131 or so by now. I've been working out a lot more recently so I think that's why I'm frozen here at 130lbs. I need to remember to eat back all the calories I burn!! That is such a foreign concept to me. I'm used to working out to burn calories and then being careful not to eat them back! That's one of the top reasons I started working out at night- so I could finish, have my recovery drink and go to bed so I didn't eat anything. Totally different now! I'm going to get a good BCAA supplement this week so I think that will help. My OB isn't concerned about my weight so neither am I. 
Wearing maternity clothes? Just my lovely maternity leggings! I might break in my new pair of maternity jeans this week, though! I got them at the outlets this weekend and they fit me perfectly! I was amazed. Like I've said before, the whole needing a small waist/hips size but long inseam is tough to find. I bought a couple pairs from Old Navy but they do this weird bunching thing in the crotch area. I don't know if it's just because my stomach is still pretty small but they just aren't the best fit ever. So when I tried on a pair of small long jeans from Motherhood and they fit like a charm, I had to get them! I definitely don't need maternity shirts yet. My tummy is still small enough to fit in all my regular shirts and I like that they show off my bump a bit :] 
Symptoms this week: I had the worst indigestion of my life this week. It wasn't awful, just very uncomfortable. But I think I figured out what triggered it- I was out running errands with my mom so I didn't eat for a few hours (I'm typically a grazer- I eat small meals/snacks every couple hours) which meant I was very hungry when I got home. So I ate a big late lunch. I think the empty stomach to suddenly very full stomach triggered my indigestion. Of course, it could also be due to the fact that I didn't eat green beans with that meal and Camden didn't like that ;] haha. Other than that, I've been having some heartburn off and on and some minor pains in my sides. Growing pains, I suppose, ha. Also this week, I haven't been sleeping the best. I wake up a lot throughout the night. I'm not sure if this is due to pregnancy or due to the fact that I'm always semi-conscious of any incoming texts/calls from my hubby so I just don't sleep very deeply. I still feel really good for the most part, though!
Food cravings: Lots and lots of green beans! Still our favorite veggie. Nothing really strong other than that. Oh, hard boiled eggs! I've been making them by the half dozen and eating them for a few days. Yum. I find that I don't have super strong cravings just "oh I could really go for this" kind of cravings. And luckily for me, almost all of my cravings thus far have been for healthy things! 
Food aversions: Nothing! I'm back to eating more meat. Not everyday so I'm still supplementing with eggs and protein shakes but meat hasn't been bothering me. 
Any movement from baby? Yes! I've been feeling him wiggle around a lot lately! In fact, I can feel him moving right now! It's still not very strong but I love that it's getting stronger and more frequent! I'm really looking forward to Camden being big and strong enough to make kicks detectable from the outside! From what I've read, that should happen around 22-24 weeks. I'm just sad that Jake won't be around to feel Camden's kicks... :/
Gender: Boy! 
Emotions and experiences this week: After my ultrasound last week, I found myself tremendously thankful for Camden, as I shared in last week's blog. Since then, I've just been thinking about our precious baby boy nonstop! I've been wondering what he'll look like, when he'll make his grand entrance, what he'll be like... It's so exciting to think about! But a pretty overwhelming as well... I've been reading up on labor and delivery, caring for a newborn, what will happen to my body, things like that. It helps me to learn and be prepared but at the same time it's all a little scary! And it makes me very sad that Jacob won't be here to experience all of these things with me. I feel bad that he's missing out on so much! It's rough. I wish he was here so we could spend more time just the two of us before baby comes... I wish we could take a babymoon or something. I feel a little ripped off in that sense. But I know that everything will work out, we'll get through it and his homecoming will be amazing. I'm trying to stay positive about all of it but man, I really wish I had my husband around for all of this. I sure do miss that man. 
Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to heading down to PA for a few days this week to spend time with one of my besties and visit VFCC! I'm not looking forward to the drive, especially since I have to pee all the time, haha. But it'll be nice to get away for a few days! I miss that area. Other than that, I'm looking forward to this month ending. I'm ready to put this first full month of separation behind me and conquer the next one. I have quite a few things to look forward to in November including my OB appointment, two weekends away and, of course, Thanksgiving! I'm hoping it will be a good month that goes by quickly. Obviously I'm also looking forward to watching my belly grow more! That's a lot of fun. I'm just hoping that I don't get stretch marks! I've been really good about slathering my tummy up with cocoa butter (lotion during the day and intense body butter at night) every day since I found out I was pregnant so hopefully that will help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment