Wednesday, October 3, 2012

17 Weeks


How far along? Somewhere around 17 weeks :]
How big is baby estimated to be? If I am 17 weeks, baby is the size of a turnip!
Total weight gain: Approximately 4.4lbs. From 124-128.4lbs. I think. I haven't been weighing myself much in the past couple weeks. 
Wearing maternity clothes? Not quite yet. A couple pairs of jeans feel tight... I can feel my clothes starting to fit differently. I did invest in the best ever maternity leggings from the Gap! I totally love them! Like, a lot. They're expensive at $30 a pair but totally worth every cent! 
Symptoms this week: You know what, I've been so preoccupied with missing Jake that any pregnancy symptoms haven't been bothering me this week... The only thing I've noticed is shortness of breath. It just feel like I can't get enough air into my lungs sometimes. It's weird. 
Food cravings: Again, missing Jake has drowned out any possible cravings... My appetite has been in a funk, though. I've been ravenously hungry at times but then I eat and I can't finish more than half a meal. Then I'm stuffed. But an hour later I'm hungry again. Camden is really having fun with me this week ;] haha.
Food aversions: Nothing, really. Meat still doesn't sound very appealing to me but I eat it anyways.
Any movement from baby? Yes yes yes!! I thought I was feeling Camden move around lately but I am entirely certain that I felt him wiggling this past Saturday!! My last blog post recounts this experience. It was a very special moment for me <3 
Gender: Beautiful baby BOY! 
Emotions and experiences this week: Nothing that I could ever possibly sum up. I'm missing Jacob like crazy! Since I ranted about this previously, I'll spare you in this post. Other than all that sad stuff, I feel extremely blessed with this little baby growing in me! I love that I'm carrying Jacob's son while he's away... it just feels so extra special! I'm also happy to see my stomach continuing to grow. It isn't obvious that I'm pregnant yet but it's getting there! I have such overwhelming love for this baby. I honestly feel like he is making me stronger as I go through this difficult season. 
Looking forward to: My OB appointment next Wednesday! I want my official due date. And I can't wait to hear CJ's heartbeat again!!! I'm going to try to record it to send to Jacob :D. It might sound funny, but I miss my little man! I wish I could see him again but I'll be so happy just to hear his heartbeat. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to going to homecoming at my alma mater in a few weeks! I get to see a bestie and just get away for a few days. It's going to be wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment