Sunday, December 2, 2012

26 Weeks



How far along? 26 weeks! 
How big is baby estimated to be? The size of an eggplant, I think :] He should be around 15 inches and 2 1/4 pounds!
Total weight gain: I'm not entirely sure... I was around 136lbs last week but when I weighed myself each morning this week I was back down to 133.8lbs. Every morning. And then this morning I was back at 136. So I'm not sure if that's water weight or what's going on. I'm not too worried, though. I figure my weight will fluctuate a lot. I have an OB appointment on Friday so I should get an "official" count then... I feel good, though. I think I'm still gaining like I should.
Wearing maternity clothes? (I just noticed that this question disappeared after week 24! Oh no!) Yes, I'm wearing some maternity clothes. Still trying to make my leggings work as it gets colder... and wearing maternity pants when those aren't warm enough, haha. I bought this beautiful pair of pine green skinny cords from Gap Maternity during their awesome Cyber Monday deals (I'm wearing them in the above pictures). I absolutely LOVE them!! I'm not kidding when I say that they're the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. For real. They have a demi-panel that sits below the tummy. I like that A LOT. It's soooo much more comfortable than trying to get a full panel to either stay pulled up or not get awkwardly bunched folded down. It's perfect. I wish I had bought a couple more pairs of these while they were on sale! I can't justify spending the full $65 on them when I got mine for $21. But for reals, best maternity pants ever. I'm still wearing my regular shirts, though some are just starting to get a little short in the front. And it's definitely time to invest in some new bras. Mine are getting, ahem, tight and uncomfortable.
Symptoms this week: Aside from the whole back cramps fiasco, I feel good! My back has felt stiff since those nasty cramps but it's feeling muuuuch better now! I'm ready to get back to working out tonight! I think that has staved off a lot of possible issues/discomforts.
Food cravings: Still the same things- fruits and veggies, hard boiled eggs without the yolks... Nothing particularly strong.
Food aversions: None.
Any movement from baby? Lots!! And I'm still loving it! The other day, I actually saw and felt him move from one side of my stomach to the other! It looked like this little bulge made it's way straight across my tummy, haha. It was SO COOL. It also feels like he's using my stomach like a cradle- I can feel the pressure of him like laying in the front of my stomach and when I poke there it feels tight. Obviously I can't be entirely sure that's what he's doing but it sure feels like it! He's still super active lately so I'm definitely enjoying every minute! :D
Gender: BOY! I think I've said "Gosh, I'm SO HAPPY that I'm having a boy!" like a hundred times this week, haha. I'm still so excited that baby is a boy!!
Emotions and experiences this week: It was a little bit of an off week for me and Camden. That whole triage visit was really unnerving for me. After that, I decided to take it easy for the rest of the week. Lots of relaxing and putting some heat on my back. It was rough. I want to workout sooooo bad!! But I don't want to push myself too much and make my back cramps come back. I told myself I'd take it easy for the rest of the week then start back with my regular workout routines next week. That's hard for me to do though. It was also an off week with communication with Jacob. We haven't been able to talk as much lately and that's tough as well. Other than that no fun-ness, it's been a decent week. I've felt Camden move A LOT! Practically nonstop it seems like, haha. So that makes me incredibly happy! Also, we got down into the double-digit mark for the countdown to Camden's due date!!! He is due 98 days from today! AHHH! :D
Looking forward to: Chriiiiistmas! Now that it's December, I'm very much focused on Christmas! I love this time of the year! I can't wait for Jake to get the (*cough*multiple*cough*) Christmas care packages that I've sent him!! I don't have a whole lot going on this month... shopping, a family party, more care package sending... But I think it will be a fun month! And I'm hoping it goes by quickly. I have an OB appointment on Friday but I am NOT looking forward to that at all. I have my glucose tolerance/gestational diabetes test and my rhogam shot then. Double yuck. And I think my OB might be re-checking my cervix and running an FFN on me (they took a swab to run at triage last week but the nurse accidentally dropped it on the ground and it couldn't be redone for 24 hours, ugh). I just want to get that appointment over with. I'm super sad that Jake won't be here to hold my hand during this blood draw :[ I hate needles so much. So that's a not looking forward to, haha. I am looking forward to starting my 3rd trimester next week, though!!! That is SO crazy to me!! It feels like it has gone by quickly although time seems to be dragging since Jacob left... But man, almost 2/3 of the way through! I'm totally going to miss being pregnant once he's born but I cannot wait to hold Camden in my arms and shower him with tons of love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment