Sunday, December 30, 2012

30 Weeks


How far along? 30 weeks! I can't believe I'm 3/4 of the way through!! 10 weeks left! CRAZY! :D
How big is baby estimated to be? Approximately the size of a butternut squash! He doesn't have much more to grow lengthwise but he needs to add a lot of baby fat! I can definitely tell that he's growing quite a bit lately, though! He should be a little over 3 pounds now :] My adorable little baby.
Total weight gain: Still around +14lbs. I'm actually having a hard time gaining weight the healthy way!! I am NOT about to be one of those pregnant women who binges on pints of ice cream and other crap. Not gonna happen. But I still need to gain. I'm just trying to put it on with healthy foods. It's easier said than done, though! I weighed in at 138lbs at my last OB appointment three weeks ago but this week when I weighed myself I was at 134lbs! Oops!! I'm eating extra and I eat when I'm hungry... I'm going to try adding some calorie dense healthy foods like nuts to see if that helps. I have an prenatal appointment this Friday so we'll see what the weigh in says there. I'm always heavier there since I've eaten at least one meal, drank a few bottles of water and am fully clothed (whereas when I weigh myself here I do it first thing in the morning before I shower). We'll see. I still feel healthy and my bump is definitely growing!
Wearing maternity clothes? Still a mix of maternity and regular clothes. A couple of my regular shirts are getting too short now! It's about time, right? Haha.
Symptoms this week: I had a couple random nausea spells this week. I was actually really nauseous on Christmas. It came out of nowhere and disappeared after a couple hours. I'm not sure what caused it but it hasn't been much of an issue. Other than that, I'm still feeling fabulous!! My energy level is good and I'm not uncomfortable yet. I think working out 4-5 days a week has really been helping. My body feels good.
Food cravings: Nothing in particular... that I can think of, haha.
Food aversions: None!
Any movement from baby? Absolutely!! He's still an extremely active baby!! He gets the hiccups almost every day lately and it's so cute. I can feel his movements getting stronger and sometimes I can even tell how he's positioned! Like while we were opening Christmas gifts- it felt like he was sitting straight up in my stomach! I could feel a big hard lump in my upper stomach, which I assumed was his head. It made it difficult for me to take deep breaths, haha. Then I could feel his feet wiggling around in my lower stomach. Then a couple days ago, he had the hiccups and I could feel his head/upper body in the right side of my lower stomach. I just love feeling him move around and watching my stomach contort from his little limbs. It's so awesome.
Gender: Our perfect little boy! I'm still so happy to be having a boy!! Jacob and I really wanted a son first. And I feel like it's important for men to have sons... not that we would've been disappointed if baby was a girl but we're just so thrilled that he's a boy! I feel like I already have this incredible bond with Camden since he's growing inside of me. And I think Jacob will be able to bond with a boy better than he would with a girl. He'll be able to teach CJ so many things and have such a huge impact on his life. Plus, sons carry on the family name which is special. It's hard for me to explain, but I'm just so happy to be having a boy!! 
Emotions and experiences this week: Not gonna lie, it was an emotional week for me. I didn't think it would be so hard to have Jacob gone for Christmas. I knew I'd miss him but I didn't expect my heart to hurt so badly. Then on top of that our third anniversary was the 27th. It was a sad week for me. I just miss Jacob so terribly much. And now that I'm 3/4 of the way through my pregnancy, the reality that Jake won't be home for Camden's birth is really starting to hit me. And that sucks more than I can even put into words. It's so disappointing and heart-breaking, really. Ugh. I can't think about it too much or it makes me want to cry. Part of all this emotional wreckage is probably due to hormones. Not that that makes it any easier to deal with but it helps me feel less crazy, ha. Other than all of that depressing stuff, it was a good week. I do love Christmas and I had a really nice day with my family! My mom had to work in the morning so we celebrated later in the day, after a big brunch and a quick run to Starbucks for peppermint mochas. It was fun to sit around the tree with my family, listening to Christmas music and exchanging gifts. My parents got me a Nikon J1 which I am super stoked about! I'm going to take sooooo many pictures of Camden with that beauty of a camera! My little brother got me the What To Expect When You're Expecting Workout DVD and it is awesome!! Seriously the best prenatal workouts I've tried (and believe me, I've tried a lot!). The DVD has six 10 minute workouts- 3 cardio, 2 strength/toning, and 1 stretch/yoga. I like the whole 10 minute workouts concept because I can mix and match to do whatever my body is feeling up for. I did 5 the first time through and all 6 the second time. There's great variety- the cardio routines vary from ballet to kick-boxing to Zumba inspired! Such a total win! And they aren't super slow paced and overly easy like a lot of other prenatal workouts. I know I can't push myself too hard but sheesh, I can handle doing enough to make my muscles sore! I don't like wussy workouts, haha. So these are awesome. New faves! Any of my preggy (or soon-to-be-preggy!) friends out there- if you're looking for some fun but still challenging workouts, get this DVD!!! Another awesome gift I got came from my big brother. He got me the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! That was my absolute favorite book when I was little!! He even got me one with a CD, too! I used to love listening to the cassette when no one wanted to read the book to me. I've been trying to read to Camden more as his library grows and I was so excited to read this to him!! I think he liked it too because he was wiggling all over the place while I read it, haha. What else... Oh, I did get to Skype with Jake on Christmas :] That was great. It's always nice to see his handsome face. He also sent me a box of goodies that I got to open on Christmas Eve and a few other gifts that arrived in the mail throughout the week! It was all so super sweet of him. But it's still been a rough week for both of us. And I miss him like crazy.
Looking forward to: New Years Eve party with a couple of my favorite girls! This is the first time I've ever had plans with my friends for NYE so I'm excited for it! Then I have an prenatal appointment on Friday. I'm going to start talking to my OB about labor and delivery, since I'm working on my birth plan right now. Other than that, I'm just looking forward to watching my Camden bump grow and checking off the days until his arrival! I'm savoring every day of my pregnancy but I am beyond ready for the time to fly by so I can have my husband back.

No comments:

Post a Comment