Monday, December 10, 2012

27 Weeks


How far along? 27 weeks & 1 day! Hellooooo third trimester!! 
How big is baby estimated to be? The size of an English cucumber or a rutabaga. Weird associations this week, haha. He should be around 15-16 inches and 2 1/2 pounds!
Total weight gain: My official (from my OB) weight gain is +14lbs. According to my weigh-ins, though, I'm at 12-13 pounds gained. From 124lbs to 136-137lbs. I only gained 3lbs this past month! My doctor said that isn't a problem at all, though. She told me that I'm right on track and growing beautifully. Yay!
Wearing maternity clothes? Yes to maternity pants and leggings but I'm still wearing my regular tops. I have worn a few maternity shirts on occasion but I don't really need them yet. My baby bump is still so little! I'm ready to be big enough to fill out some of the cute tops I've bought! Haha. 
Symptoms this week: Feeling really good! I haven't been sleeping the best this week, though. It takes me awhile to fall asleep then I wake up multiple times a night. Not to pee, just randomly. It seems like I wake up every time I roll over... It's weird and I'm not even sure if it's pregnancy related but it hasn't been too bad. I've also had some Braxton Hicks this week. They don't hurt (yet) but I've just been aware of them- my stomach will randomly get tight like I just did some crazy ab workout and then relax. I don't mind them so far. It just reminds me that my body is meant to give birth and it's getting ready for just that! This probably sounds crazy, but I hope I keep having Braxton Hicks and they get more intense so that I can try some pain coping techniques out and learn how to manage the pain. Right now, though, they don't bother me. That's all I can think of!
Food cravings: Scalloped potatoes! That's the only strong craving I had this week. So I made up a skinny version (with skim milk and low-fat cheese) and it was delicious!
Food aversions: Nothing.
Any movement from baby? Yes!! Such an active baby! He's still kicking and wiggling around a lot and I'm still loving it!! I felt him have the hiccups a few days ago and it was so funny and cool! My whole stomach was jumping and flinching, haha. It felt just like when I have hiccups but without the tickle and in my stomach. And not as strong. It was so cool! And it made me laugh. Then, the night before last, I was watching TV and Camden was positioned in this funny way that was making one side of my stomach stick out! I don't know if it was his head or his bottom but when I poked my tummy at the bulge it was hard as a rock! And the other side of my stomach was squishy, haha. It's like he was wedged sideways on the right side of my belly. Silly boy! I love all of these new feelings and experiences!
Gender: Boy <3 
Emotions and experiences this week: I had my glucose tolerance test and my rhogam shot this week. I was basically dreading that appointment because I HATEHATEHATE needles and blood draws. I guess little man is trying to help me get over that ;] haha. I wasn't nervous about the drink because I expected it just to taste like flat soda (which is exactly how it tasted). I didn't like sitting around waiting for the blood draw. The anticipation gets to my head and I get so nervous! But the blood draw really wasn't that bad. It was only the 2nd time I've ever had my blood drawn (my first was earlier in the pregnancy) so I'm not used to it yet. And I didn't have my hubby here to hold my hand this time :[. My mom went with me, though, so that was nice. And luckily they only took 3 vials as opposed to the 9 they drew the first time. It was quick. Then I had my rhogam shot, which wasn't too bad either. It was a bigger shot and it burned/stung but I'm glad it's all over with! It's such a relief to have that appointment over! I feel like it's just smooth sailing from now until I go into labor! I also got all the paperwork for Camden's birth certificate at my appointment! YAY! I already filled it out so I'm going to bring it back to my appointment next month. It's crazy to think that Camden is due THREE MONTHS from today!! Ahhh!! He's going to be here before I know it! I'm soooo excited!! Other than all that from my appointment, I've been feeling CJ move a lot and I've been trying to read to him more. I talk to him everyday throughout the day. I love talking to him. I make sure to tell him that daddy and I love him. And usually I tell him how awesome his daddy is ;] Jacob is our superhero! I know that CJ is going to look up to Jake SO MUCH. I can't wait to see the two of them together! So I guess we can say that this has been a good week, haha. Hopefully I get my blood test results back soon and it's all good news! Or I'll go by the "no news is good news" rule. Hmm, what else. As Christmas gets closer I feel like I miss Jake more and more. It's weird to celebrate a major holiday without him. It doesn't feel right! But I'm having fun buying Christmas gift to give him once he gets home! That's all I can think of right now... :]
Looking forward to: Camden's arrival, haha. I'm excited for Christmas but, like I said, it's making me miss Jake a lot so I'm just ready for the holidays to be over. I'm ready for it to be March. But I do have some things to look forward to between now and then! I have a family Christmas party this weekend... some fun boxes to send to Jake and his buddies... bi-weekly OB appointments through January and weekly starting mid-February... my baby shower in February... Some fun things going on! But at this point, time feels like it's going slowly and I just want my hubby back. And Camden to be here. I just wish it could be in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment