Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's a BOY!!




Baby Hildreth is a BOY!!! My intuition was right! I don't know how it happened, but I seriously had this strong gut feeling that baby was a boy. It started with dreams about having a baby boy before I even found out that I was pregnant. I had two or three (wonderful!) dreams about our baby while I was waiting until I could take a test. It was awesome. I did have a couple dreams about baby being a girl, but they weren't enough for me to really shake the feeling that it was a boy. I'm so happy that my intuition was right!! 

Our ultrasound appointment went pretty well. They must've been running behind schedule because we waited for 25 minutes to be seen but it was worth the wait. The technician showed as different parts of baby- arms, legs, kidneys, stomach, brain, feet, hands, heart. It was so so cool to see baby in more detail! I loved getting to see all four chambers of his little heart beating! That was just incredible! He was tucked into this funny upside down position which made it a little difficult for the technician to tell us the gender. He had a hand over his face and his little legs tucked in... at one point, we could see him wiggling his feet! Amazing. But she was able to get a peak and tell us that baby is a boy! She wouldn't say 100% because it was so early and he wasn't in the best position, but she said it's safe to say he's a boy. She seemed pretty sure of it! We're thrilled! As I already posted, the name we picked out for our little boy is Camden Jacob. I love that we can call him by name now!! I like to talk to Camden a lot, haha. I probably look cray cray half the time, but I love putting a hand on my stomach and talking to him. I especially love it when Jake talks to him :] It's so sweet to see him bend over to make his face level with my tummy and talk to Camden. It melts my heart! Gosh, we're both just so happy! After we found out the gender we went shopping. I had to! We've already bought a bit of gender neutral stuff (white, yellow, gray, red) but I wanted to buy boy stuff so bad!! We got some super cute boy clothes and a Boppy with this cool blue stripes/dinosaurs slip cover. Total win. 

It was hard to keep the gender a secret from my parents all day but I've always wanted to do a gender reveal cake for them. It was great to see their faces when they cut the cake open and saw the bright blue! They were both really happy for us! Earlier in the day I let my mom look at our ultrasound pictures (since we didn't have one revealing the gender) and she was like "oh my gosh, it's a girl! I can see that it's a girl!". Hahaha! I had to just walk away at that point. I think she was pretty surprised to find out that it was a boy! She had been calling my stomach Camden all along, though, so I guess she couldn't have been too surprised. Either way, it was so fun to tell them the gender through a beautiful cake! And it was fun to eat a piece of said cake to celebrate. Yum. 

Other than finding out the gender at our ultrasound we also found out that baby is measuring small for the initial estimated gestational age. So it looks like my due date is going to be a little later than March 2nd. Honestly, I wasn't too surprised to learn that because I had gotten negative pregnancy tests for awhile before my positives which made me think that we actually got pregnant a little later than the doctor estimated. It's really no big deal- as long as baby is healthy I don't care when I'm due! We don't have an official due date yet but I'm sure my OB will give me one when I see her in a couple weeks. Once that happens, I'll update my blog- correct the weeks and change the header. I'm anxious to know when I'm really due now! I think it's kind of nice that I'm due later. That just means that Camden will get to meet his Daddy even sooner! Hopefully he'll only be a couple weeks old when Jake comes home. As long as everything works out and Camden is healthy, Jake and I will both be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment