Tuesday, September 4, 2012

13 Weeks





How far along? 14 weeks & 3 days!13ish weeks!
How big is baby estimated to be? Baby is the size of a lemon :]
Total weight gain: I finally bought a scale!!! I was extremely surprised to learn that I have gained... 1 1/2 pounds! Haha. That's it. Well, 1.4 pounds, technically. I went from 124 to 125.4. It's a little hard to say for sure, though, because my weight fluctuates by a few pounds just about everyday. I blame it on water retention. Pre-pregnancy I weighed between 123-125 and now I'm sitting at 125.4. I'd say my average pre-pregnancy weight was 124 but when I weighed myself first thing this morning I was 124.4. I definitely need to talk to my OB about weight gain! I think I'm on a good pace because the bulk of weight should come in the second half of pregnancy but I want to know what she expects me to gain.
Wearing maternity clothes? Not yet. All my clothes still fit. Some are snug but not bad. My cousin did give me a huge bin of maternity clothes to borrow, though! I'm excited about that :D
Symptoms this week: Dizziness and headaches like last week. And a weird sharp pain in my stomach/side! I don't know if that was technically a symptom, though...
Food cravings: Tomatoes!!! I could eat my body weight in tomatoes this week!! I've been eating caprese salad (tomatoes, part-skim mozzarella, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar) just about everyday. I've also been loving BLTs made with turkey bacon, tomato, avocado and baby spinach. Yum yum yum! 
Food aversions: Nothing.
Any movement from baby? Still can't feel it... I'm excited to be able to feel this little one wiggle over the next month or so! Hopefully. 
Gender prediction: Boy. Really thinking boy this week. 
Emotions and experiences this week: It's been a pretty good week emotionally. I'm still working on processing the fact that Jake's deployment is coming up so quickly and everything that comes along with that. I'm totally loving being pregnant! I'm finally starting to show a little- although it looks more like I ate too much than a baby belly! I love seeing my little baby bump! Jake is convinced I'm starting to "pop" and I hope he's right! Other than that, I had that weird sharp pain experience that my previous blog talks about. I ended up resting all day on Saturday and felt much better. No problems since. 
Looking forward to: My OB appointment on Friday! I'm not sure what to expect other than getting to either hear or see baby again, but I'm super excited for that! I can't wait to see how baby has grown over the past month! I'm also looking forward to this upcoming week because Jake and I will be in Delaware for his orders then in PA for a couple days to visit our alma mater and see some friends! I seriously miss that area and I can't wait to get away for a couple days with my man! I'm also, admittedly, a little excited for fall this year! Obviously I'm dreading the fact that Jake will be leaving but I'm excited for hoodies, boots, soup, pumpkin-flavored everything, apple picking, and the beautiful foliage. I found that I got hotter much more easily this summer so the cooler weather will be nice, too. Most of all, though, I'm looking forward to spending these last few weeks with Jake. We have some fun dates planned and we're just going to soak up every minute together :] 

No comments:

Post a Comment